Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Low Down... The Wiggle... The Squirrel

... I have been working on Lucy Jay gradually since I left uni in the summer, well after I had got my holidays and graduation celebrations out of the way. I came up with the idea after I had designed and made large printed silk scarves as part of my final collection. Since then I have basically been developing on this idea and creating the world of Lucy Jay, slowly but surely!


Before Christmas I was juggling designing the scarves at weekends and evenings with placements at a Fashion PR company and magazines... tiring, however completely worth it as I gained an insight into different aspects of the fashion industry, enabling me to develop on what I had learnt on placements prior to those which I had done while at uni.

And then? Well the ball began to roll a little faster after Christmas, as I could devote all my time to the design process, while drinking ridiculous amounts of tea and being thankful that I had finally got Spotify on my computer to keep me going. So creating prints and occasionally singing along to ABBA when I needed a pick me up, I designed, designed, designed and printed, printed, printed....


So now where am I up too? Well the scarves have been printed and finished and look super and all ready for the photo shoot in a few weeks, so they can be put to rest for a bit. But no rest for the wicked, I have since been spending my time on developing my website designs. I have been working with the lovely people at Wirral Biz to help me do so. Wirral Biz is a support program set up for residents of the Wirral (aka the paradise peninsular/the wiggle/the squirrel) who are setting up there own new business'. I attended a total of eight sessions over four weeks were myself and a group of other Wirralites learnt about topics I was otherwise clueless about,such as, tax returns, business plans and promotional techniques... exciting stuff! So with their much appreciated help I have been working on not only the start up of my scarf label but also the website, which will be coming soon..


My plans for the next few weeks involve producing a look book for the current scarf collection, along with working on the companies identity and promotion, two very important aspects to a new business... so watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment