Thursday 29 April 2010

Thursday

This week has been one of those weeks were I seemed to have been really busy, however seemed to have faffed around quite a lot and then before I knew it, it was Thursday. I do know however that I have been focussing on the promotional aspects of Lucy Jay and I am trying to spread the word of my scarves.


I have worked on a press release for my collection, which initially I felt totally out of my depth about writing despite previous experience working in PR agency, however once I got going I enjoyed it and was really happy with what I achieved. I did however do a substantial amount of research before hand so I knew I was on the right track and that it was going to look as professional as possible. The following are the important aspects of writing a press release:

  • Start strong to immediately catch the readers attention.
  • Write for the media, as often they will just take your press release and publish it without changing too much of it.
  • Make sure what you are promoting is something people will want to write and read about, why should they care? Why is your product so unique and amazing compare to everything else out there?
  • Ensure you add all the technical stuff, in my case for example, price, size, fabric etc.
  • And finally, format the document correctly, making sure you proof read it, so that grammar is all above board and that you have not written everything in CAPITAL LETTERS WITH A LOAD OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!
So there you go what I learnt about writing a press release. I will we are talking about press, Ebony David has written a lovely article about Lucy Jay in her blog post today. Check it out, the blog cover all aspects of fashion, art and culture and is a great read, check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment