Tuesday 29 June 2010

Real Life or Set Up?

I have been going on about inspiration a fair bit recently, however I am on the design vibe at the moment so have found myself taking pictures of things all over the place no matter how relevant or irrelevant I find it is and trying to develop things into my designs themselves.

The prints on the three dresses in particular really caught my eye the other day, especially the one in the centre; I really like the randomness of the shapes and the colours. Considering that my designs are usually all over bright and bold colours I really like the white background on this dress, not sure how well that would work on a scarf though??

This week then, I have found myself wanting to get out and about a bit more to see what is going on. So I am going to head to the Tate Britain to check out 'Rude Britannia' along with the 'Maison Martin Margiela' at the Somerset House, looking at colours, shapes, styles etc... anything that I feel could be an idea to develop.

Last night I watched Shutter Island... I love Leonardo Di Caprio films. Not sure though if it was all real life or set up? A must to watch if you have not already.


No comments:

Post a Comment