Thursday 24 June 2010

Volume Magazine

Volume Magazine is a great place to find new musicians, artists, designer, writers etc, I love it. Ruby the editor added a post about Lucy Jay yesterday on their blog. Have a look at the site the it is very interesting and full of new and exciting things.


All this sunny weather has got me feeling all summer this week and I think it is rubbing off on my designs; I have been really loving the shapes and patterns that these small flowers have make. We have something similar in our front garden, however seems to be on it's last legs at the moment, I have been watering it a fair bit to try and bring it back to life, however had no luck on reviving it, so it does not look at nice as those in the pictures below.

Anyway, I have been taking these shapes and combining them with my colour schemes and existing ideas to create prints that do not look to obviously inspired by flowers and create something quite interesting and unusual.


And finally, I have set up a Facebook fan page for Lucy Jay so if you fancy checking it out and giving me a thumbs up, go for it! I have literally only just done it this morning so it is looking a bit boring but I will bulk it out and make it a bit more interesting over the next few days


Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool! I love flowers, they are eternally inspirational to me.

    Like the facebook group :)

    xx Vansa

    ReplyDelete