Monday 22 March 2010

Paul!

It was my boyfriends birthday last Tuesday and then mine on Saturday so we were doing lots of Birthday things last week, hence the lack of posts, sorry. We went to see Blood Brothers in the West End on Tuesday, which was amazing, I did hold back the tears at the end, I am not going to give it away for those who have not seen it, but I highly recommend it.

Then we went for Teppanyaki on Saturday night to a place called Sapporo in Liverpool, again it was amazing! Paul was out chef who was doing all sorts of amazing tricks while cooking our food and we were all sat going 'oooo' and 'ahhhh' as he lit lots of things on fire and flipped things into his hat to then toss everything onto our plate in a beautiful arrangement and it tasted great too!

But back to work this week and all my attention is on the photo shoot on Thursday; I am heading to Manchester today as I have organised a press pull in American Apparel, this meaning I am able to go into the store and choose up to eighteen pieces to borrow for my shoot. I contacted most of the high street stores and American Apparel were the only ones who were willing to help me out, this is great as there style of clothing fits with what I am looking for as I am going to keep everything very neutral, plain and white so that the attention remains on my scarves themselves.


This will work great on the model who has very fair hair, eyes, skin and will look great modeling my scarves.

In addition, I have organised a similar process in various boutiques and vintage shops, in Liverpool, Manchester and London so that on the day there will be a large variety of clothing that we can mix and match to create the perfect look.


I have also got to sort out clothing rails, screens for the model to change behind and steam irons so everything is looking perfectly pressed. I have created a book of photographs too so I know exactly the different ways I want the scarf to be present and tied so we will not have to mess around with that on the day. Also, I am going to take lots of food to keep everyone going through the day!

While all this is happening I am still working on my portfolio and ensuring that will be ready in the next few weeks as well as working along side the website designer to ensure that it all going smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment